Genre: Paranormal/shifter Erotic Romance
Flame rating: Scorching
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Word count: 30K
Jared Stevens hasn't been the same since he was shot. His duty is to marry a Mukswa woman and be a strong leader. He lets the elders of his clan choose his bride, because the woman he wants is only in his fantasies, the only woman who brings him to exquisite release.
Adele Banks loved being a Mountie, but one shot ended her career and altered her world forever. Adele is determined to make a life for herself. She's hired to recover Beare Enterprises embezzled funds, but what she didn't count on is being extremely attracted to her client when meeting him for the first time as he's naked in his shower.
Adele is Jared's mystery woman, but she's taboo. He bonds to her, but has to keep his society secret, as much as he wants to mark her as his own.
As Jared fights his own inner beast, remnants of the prior chief's wrath is affecting the clan and Adele. To save Adele's life, Jared may just have to betray his clan's secret and risk his heart.
This was a new premise for me in the world of shifter romance, and I really appreciated that. I like there being something different about the story and not just the same shifter story different people. Jared and Adele were fresh. They have amazing chemistry in and out of the bedroom. They do spend a lot of time in the bedroom and every scene was amazingly hot.
I loved Adele, it’s not every day that a writer gives us a character that isn’t perfect. Adele was very real to me with the struggles she had just to get by every day, yet with this core of strength that made her so likeable. Jared also had his own struggles both physical and mental, being so tightly bound to traditions older than him.
This is a hot, sexy love story where two strong characters fall in love even when others would rather they didn’t. I recommend this for shifter romance fans who want a bit of a different spin on the same old story and love a heavy dose of sex.
I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review. I was not compensated for my review.
1. What is your real, birth name? Adele Miriam Banks
2. Do you have a nickname? What is it, and where did you get it? Del sometimes, but mostly Adele. I don’t like nicknames. Though I do miss being called Constable, but I guess I’ll always miss that.
3. What do you wear when you go to sleep? Nothing *blushes* Well, I try to wear nightshirts, but they don’t stay on long.
4. Where do you live? Describe it: Is it messy, neat, avant-garde, sparse, etc.? I live in Winnipeg. In a penthouse suite. It’s very neat and very modern. I’m more of a shabby chic girl myself.
5. What was your family like? Very concerned and loving.
6. Who was your father, and what was he like? My father was an accountant. He was sweet and caring.
7. Who was your mother, and what was she like? My mother was Cree, she was a nurse. She had the sweetest disposition.
8. What was your parents’ marriage like? Were they married? Did they remain married? My parents were totally head-over-heels in love. They were together until the end.
9. What were your sibling’s names? What were they like? I have a sister. Her name is Brianna. She’s married to my brother-in-law, Roger and they live not that far away in Plum Coulee with my niece and two nephews.
10. What's the worst thing one of your siblings ever did to you? What's the worst thing you've done to one of your siblings? My sister pinned me down and cut my hair once. I shaved her head in the night. We got in a lot of trouble. *laughs*
11. When's the last time you saw any member of your family? Where are they now? I see Brianna frequently, sometimes to my chagrin.
12. What tape or CD hasn't left your player since you purchased it? Why? The last CD I purchased was Great Big Sea’s UP.
13. What song is "your song?" Why? I Will Survive. I think it’s fitting given what happened to me.
14. What's been your favorite movie of all time? I love Pride & Prejudice, the 1996 version. Though it’s technically a miniseries.
15. What annoys you more than anything else? When Jared is stubborn and unmoving. He can be such a dunderhead, it drives me nuts. I also don’t like it when people assume that I can’t do something just because of my disability. I want to tell those people where to go. I’m fine.
16. What's the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? The sunrise over the badlands in Alberta.
17. What kind of weather is your favorite? I love summer. I hate ice. Hate it.
18. What is your favorite food? Burger and fries. Yum.
19. What's your favorite animal? Why? Polar bear. *blushes*
20. What was the worst injury you've ever received? How did it happen? I was shot and my femoral nerve was damaged. I had to leave the RCMP and rely on arm crutches. Totally changed my life.
21. What would you wish for if you found a genie? I think I would go back in time and not get shot, but since genies supposedly can’t alter the past I would like a magic carpet. I think that would be fun.
22. What do you do when you are bored? *Blushes again*
About the Author:
Born and raised on the outskirts of Toronto, Ontario Amy fled the big city to settle down with the country boy of her dreams. When she's not furiously typing away at her computer, she's a mom to three wonderful children, who have given her another job as a taxi driver.
A voracious reader, she was given her first romance novel by her grandmother who shared her penchant for a hot romance. From that moment, Amy was hooked by the magical worlds, handsome heroes and sigh worthy romances contained in the pages and she knew what she wanted to be when she grew up.
Life got in the way, and after the birth of her second child, she decided to pursue her dream of becoming a romance author.
Amy loves to hear from readers. It makes her day, in fact. You can find out more about Amy at:
Bear shifter charm bracelet, ebook copy of Private Release and Mounted Release
Dates: 6/7 thru 6/28/2013
- Entering this contest means you have read, understood, and agree with all rules and regulations stated.- Entrants must be 18 or older (or age of majority in your country) to enter and to win.- No purchase necessary.- Void where prohibited.- All stated rules are subject to change without notification or reason given.- Chances of winning vary widely based on the number of entries received.- Prize is as stated. No substitutions or exchanges.
- Contest host/organizer is not responsible to misrepresented/mis-typed email addresses, spam filters, mailer demons, and other internet wackiness that may crop up at the time of winner notification.
- Winners are final.- Contest Starts 00:01 EST June 7, 2013 and Ends 12:59EST June 28, 2013 and open to International participants- Winners will be notified via email, twitter, or facebook no later than 12:00EST July 1, 2013 -Respond by date to collect prize is 14 days from notification date.