Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review: Wolf Protector by Milly Taiden



Blurb:

A woman with a secret…

The Federal Paranormal Unit is an elite squad of supernaturals dedicated to solving missing persons cases. Erica’s gift allows her a special connection with the crime, but it comes at a deep personal cost… Until now, she’s kept her gift a secret, even from the other members of the team. But this case will throw her together with Agent Trent Buchanan. He’s the object of her secret desires, but he’s also a cocky womanizer. She’d rather swim in shark-infested waters with a paper cut than admit she has feelings for him.

A man with one desire…

Wolf Shifter Trent wants Erica more than he’s ever wanted any woman. He’s spent years patiently waiting for her to admit that she wants him too. Working one-on-one in a race to find a serial killer, Trent’s patience and Erica’s resolve wear thin. When Trent discovers the truth about Erica, will he accept her for who she is? And can he protect her from the horrors that her gift brings?

A case that pushes them to the edge…

Erica will have to risk it all if she wants to stop the killer, and when she does, Trent may have to put his own life on the line to make sure his mate is protected…


Buy Links:


Amazon              B&N                ARe




My Review:


This was a new premise for me. A supernatural unit in a world that knows nothing about supernaturals. Add in the part where even the own team don’t know each other’s abilities and it’s vastly unique.

I adored the way that Erica and Trent bantered back and forth. The whole story has this level of suspense that is broken up by bouts of banter and hot sex between Erica and Trent. Trent is a wolf shifter and knows that Erica is it for him. Watching Erica fight to find the missing girls and the killer and Trent doing everything to help her added this layer to the story. I could easily see him doing everything and anything to just make her life better.

Their relationship is steamy and yummy all rolled into one. I want my own Trent, someone so devoted to me. There are some other characters that I fell in love with that I look forward to reading their stories.

I recommend this story because it’s a great blend of steam and suspense.



4 Books




I bought this book with my own money, I was not compensated for my review. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been eyeing this one. Love me some shifters and that is a neat little twist of the unit as a whole not even knowing each others abilities.

    ReplyDelete