Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Review: Marine Ever After by Heather Long



Blurb:

Marine Paul Torres is used to women who enjoy the pleasure of the moment and whom he can bed with a wink and a smile. But with so many of his friends settling down, he’s turned on by the allure of finding the right partner as well. Even more so when he meets Lillianna Hansen while attending a wedding.

After a passionate night, Paul wakes to find her gone and though he wants more than a one-night stand with the alluring Lily, his limited leave is up and he’s forced to return to active duty.

All Lillianna thought she wanted was a good time. But Paul’s attention—even from thousands of miles away—is hard to resist, and while she tells herself repeatedly she doesn’t want a relationship with a Marine, she can’t deny the consequences of their passionate night.

When she finds out she’s pregnant, she’s forced to reach out to Paul. But is she ready to let the father of her child be her Marine Ever After.


Buy Links:


Amazon                         ARe                      B&N



My Review:


Paul was this dashing dominant Marine from the beginning and I very much fell in love with him. Lily was such a strong heroine, and I definitely understood how she felt and I liked her. She knew what she wanted or so she thought and watching her fall for Paul was great. They are both strong characters and they butt heads, but watching them bend and fall in love was an amazingly entertaining experience.


This was one sexy story yet so sweet at the same time. This is probably one of my all-time favorites of Ms. Long's Always a Marine series. We got to catch up with past characters and I absolutely adored that. Though I do believe this could be read as a standalone I do recommend the whole series. Ms. Long gives an in depth look into the life of a military spouse in just a quick glimpse in this story, and it almost brought me to tears. I know that for me, a story that can induce actual emotion is a story I remember for a long time.


Overall a story I can see myself reading again when I want a sweet and sexy comfort read.


5 Books




No comments:

Post a Comment