Saturday, June 29, 2013

Review: Mating Moon by Lexi DeHalo



Blurb:


[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters, public exhibition, spanking, sex toys, HEA]

Night Stragorri was born to hunt. As heir to the Stragorri bloodline, it’s his sole purpose to kill any paranormal that threatens human life. He is bound by blood to the Hunter code, but he desperately wants a way out. He didn’t imagine in a million years that one fateful visit to a shifter-infested nightclub would bring him face-to-face with the man who would change his destiny.

Akira Landers is a Were-panther with a painful history. Adopted into a pack of werewolves at an early age, he learned to fear Hunters above all others. Working at the pack-run nightclub, things are always eventful, but even he is surprised at the Hunter who enters their domain and more surprised by the attraction he feels for the other man.

Inexplicably drawn together, sparks ignite, but their pasts seek to divide them as they struggle to accept their love in a world where Hunters and Weres are mortal enemies.


Buy Links:


Amazon               B&N                     Bookstrand



My Review:


A breath of fresh air, a different enough world of paranormals to be enjoyable. Hunters, Weres, vampires and I’m sure more creatures to be revealed, Ms. DeHalo does an amazing job of building a unique world.

Akira is a great character. He’s fun from the very beginning, I loved the way he took a chance on Night when most others in the world would have stayed as far from his as possible.

Night is a Hunter in crisis, he’s questioning the status quo when he meets Akira. Fate takes it from there, they obviously like each other and don’t want to keep their hands to themselves and fate makes sure they can stay together. I loved Night and his struggle to find himself. 

All in all, it’s a great new series that I plan on following closely. The second book is already out and I’m excited to read it. I want to know more about this world and the many facets that the author has revealed, and the many more I just know are waiting to be revealed. I recommend this story for fans of M/M romance who like a well-built paranormal world for the characters to play in. Ms. DeHalo is definitely an author to follow and watch to see what she does in the future!



4.5 Books




I bought this book with my own money. I was not compensated for my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment