Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Review: Cataclysmic Shift by Tara Lain


Blurb:

Super cat, Aloysius, may be the most powerful witch’s familiar in the world, but when he takes a blast at the hand of an evil witch he loses it all -- power, memory, and his feline form -- to become the ethereal human beauty, Alain Bellarose. When Alain wakes up naked on the floor surrounded by dogs and cats, his eyes first set upon Luke Elliott, the handsome and mysterious veterinarian. Suddenly, the prospect of being human doesn’t seem so bad. 


Luke has a lot to hide and he likes animals way more than people, but he can’t resist the flamboyant boy who washes his face with the side of his hand and tries to lick his own privates! The loss of Aloysius depletes the power of the Witch Master, Killian Barth, and that of his “secret weapon” Sammy and leaves their coven sitting ducks for two very nasty females. When Alain discovers that he’s really a powerful cat, he’s faced with the ultimate choice. To protect his community, or stay with the man he loves.


My Review:

Ms. Lain pulls off another winner, this is the third book in the Aloysius Tales series, and possibly my favorite. It had some serious heat, pulled out all kinds of emotions and then left me smiling.

The story follows both Luke and Alain, and their story melds beautifully together. I found myself going through such a wide range of emotions that I couldn’t help but just sit and read this story.

Past characters not only make appearances but they are important enough that we get to see them in action. I’m trying really hard to not give anything away.  Things change with this story but the ending still made me so happy, I can only hope for more. This is a great story and series that I highly recommend.

4.5 Stars

I received a copy from the author. This is my honest review, I was not compensated for my review.





No comments:

Post a Comment