Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Strength of the Wolf by Kendall McKenna - Review



After a fiery exit from Afghanistan, Tim Madison is promoted to major. Jeremy Wagner is a civilian, just beginning his Transition to True Alpha. As a lone wolf, he has no one to teach him the vital principles of strong leadership. After a volatile chance encounter, Tim and Jeremy form an intimate bond.

As Jeremy prepares to someday lead his own pack, Tim struggles with military werewolves being needlessly maimed in combat, as well as specifically targeted by hostile forces. Despite Tim and Jeremy’s feelings, werewolf and human politics or family conflict could prevent their mate-bond.




I absolutely adored the first book. Strength of the Wolf did not disappoint, sometimes when a book wows you that much, you don’t think it can be topped, but this one was just as amazing as the first.

I enjoyed Tim, he’s Marine and really good at his job, I think it’s perfect that he ends up with a civilian wolf. I think it allows him to relax and also was a fantastic way for Ms. Mckenna to show the reader how the civilian wolves live. I also had a better understanding of True Alphas after meeting Jeremy and watching him become the man he was meant to be.

Jeremy was a fun character. I really loved him, from the very moment we met him. He just inspired me to love him, with his sassy attitude and trying to take on Noah. There were a lot of politics and family drama but it is all perfect for the story. There was no superfluous angst, just the right amount to allow the characters to really bond.

I really can’t recommend this story enough, it’s an amazing world that I want to spend all of my time in. It’s smart, fun and full on one of the best worlds ever built by an author. I couldn’t put it down, I read it in one sitting late at night, and it’s not a small book.




I purchased my own copy and I was not compensated for my review. 




No comments:

Post a Comment