Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Interview/Spotlight: Escape to My Arms by Heather Thurmeier


Welcome Heather Thurmeier to the blog today! She stopped by to answer some questions and tell us about her newest release. Escape to My Arms, A Prepper Romance from Decadent Publishing, be sure to check it out!


To get started can you tell us what you are working on or have coming out?

-Right now I’m editing a new book that I just recently contracted. The official announcement hasn’t gone out at the time of me writing this interview so I’m not going to say where it’s been contracted to exactly. Readers who are interested can always check my website for updates, news, and all kinds of other good stuff like giveaways at: http://heatherthurmeier.com.  Next up, I’ve got a few ideas that I’m planning to develop. I’m not entirely sure which one will be the one I write next!


What made you realize that writing was it for you? Do you write full time?


-I always knew I wanted to write a book, I just didn’t know if I could. Finally, I had an idea (for the book that became FALLING FOR YOU) and I felt I had to at least try to write it. Once I started working on the book, I was hooked. I just loved it, and still do! I’m blessed in that I was a stay at home mom to begin with, so once my children went to school, it allowed me to write full-time.


Which genre(s) do you write and is one of them your favorite?


-Mostly, I write contemporary romances, but recently I’ve also written and published a paranormal romance. I’ve also had one “prepper” romance published, which is a contemporary story that takes places during an “end of the world” event. All of my books, no matter what the genre or content, all have sassy heroines, hunky heroes, humor, and always a happily ever after. As for which is my favorite, I’d have to say it’s probably contemporary, but there was something really fun about writing the excitement, adventure, and dangerous situations in my prepper romance. I think I’d really love to try my hand at writing an adventure romance of some kind!


If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?


-I would suggest you start with FALLING FOR YOU, the first in my reality TV romance series. It’s so much more than just a reality TV novel. It’s funny, heartwarming, exciting, fast-paced, behind-the-scenes action that takes readers on a ride. The entire book takes place during the filming of a season of a reality dating TV show. It’s just plain entertaining!


Tell us about your current release.

-My most recent release is my prepper romance ESCAPE TO MY ARMS. It’s a romance novella that takes place just as potentially catastrophic events are taking place, forcing my characters to prepare for the end of the world as we know it. Sara, heads to her family’s hidden bunker for her best chance of survival while Dane believes sheltering in his remote cabin is his best course of action. This event brings the two together. Not only is this story an exciting adventure, but it’s also a story about hope, love and survival.



Where are your fans most likely to find you hanging out?


-At home with my husband, 2 kids, dog and cat. I really enjoy being home with my family, hanging out. Sometimes we take the dog for a walk, sometimes we go hiking or geocaching, and other times we’re just content watching a movie or playing video games together. Luckily, we all enjoy doing the same things right now so we definitely take advantage of that by spending a lot of time together.


Thank you so much for having me here today! I really enjoyed this interview!

~Heather Thurmeier




Blurb:

Sara’s been preparing for this moment her whole life—she just never believed it would actually happen. With her bug-out bag and emergency food already in her truck, her only goal is to get to her family’s hidden bunker and wait out the pandemic that’s hit every major cruise ship port in the US. But her plan quickly falls apart. She’s out of gas, her route to the bunker is now a two-lane parking lot with no alternative in sight, and her only weapon is a pocketknife. For an experienced prepper, she’s made every rookie mistake.

Dane believes he’s safe in his cabin, off the beaten path and in the woods with his own source for water, electricity and an endless supply of food to hunt. After finding Sara stranded and alone, he’s suddenly not only providing for and protecting himself, but also the girl who wandered out of the woods and into his life. When looters come looking to take what he has, Sara and Dane’s only option is to make a run for their last hope—the bunker.

Can Sara and Dane find safety in each other’s arms and will they survive long enough to escape to a future together?


Excerpt:

Sara sipped her wine and nibbled on another square of chocolate. He was right. Again.

They didn’t know what would happen in the future. Hell, they didn’t even know if there was a future to look forward to at this point. So why shouldn’t they enjoy the moments like this one while they could? Moments when they were safe, warm, fed, and comfortable. They might not get many more nights like this if things kept getting worse, as they seemed to be. Best to savor the time while you had it instead of squandering it away with fights.

At this point, she didn’t even know what future awaited her at the bunker. Would she live with her family for the rest of their lives, never to interact with people from the outside world again? That’s sort of what they wanted, wasn’t it? Wasn’t that why they hadn’t told anyone about the bunker, because they couldn’t trust anyone?

What if this was her last night on her own? It might be her last night to live her life however she wanted to before she had to start making group decisions with her family.

“You’re right.” She polished off the last of her wine in a big gulp. Her head already swirled with the effects of the alcohol. She’d always been a lightweight when it came to getting drunk. Tonight would be no different. Good thing she’d planned to stop at one this evening. She had other plans for the rest of the night.

“Right about what exactly? I said a bunch of stuff.”

She put her wineglass on the floor and took his hand in hers. “You were right about enjoying this moment we have tonight since we don’t know what the future holds, or even if we have a future.”

“Does this mean I’m forgiven?” He smiled, squeezing her hand.

“Yes. And then some.”

Sara took the wineglass from his hand and set it down next to hers, then straddled his lap, resting her hands on his chest. She pressed her mouth to his, delighting in the surprise on his face.

She wasn’t a throw-caution-to-the-wind kind of girl, but for once she was going to do just that, since she didn’t know if she’d have wind to be cautious of later on. Tonight, she’d live by her feelings. Tomorrow she’d go back to surviving.


Get your own copy of ESCAPE TO MY ARMS by clicking on the following links!


No comments:

Post a Comment